Monday, August 24, 2009

Movie Review: Inglorious Basterds

Inglorious Basterds Teaser poster 1Image by →Unity via Flickr


I have to preface this by saying I am a big Tarantino fan, so I am a little biased toward anything he makes. That being said, the Basterds do not disappoint. This movie has all the traditional Tarantino earmarks we have come to enjoy. Basterds is nontraditional,violent, thoughtful and funny...dark...but funny. It has all the things I look for in a great movie. The only short coming to me is that we didn't get to as much time as I would have liked with the Bastreds. After all the movie carries their name, but they are hardly the stars of the movie. The Basterds play more of a co-staring roll to whom is affectionately referred to as "The Jew Hunter". If you walk into this movie thinking you are about to watch a movie about a band of Jewish American soldiers roving France killing Germans, you will not...well not entirely. It would not be a Tarantino flick if that were all there was to it. Nor do I think it would be as good a movie if that were all there was to it.
Final thoughts...run to see this movie, right now. I give it 5 swastika carved foreheads.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment