Monday, July 6, 2009

Independence Grillin'

Last week, leading up to the Fourth, I grilled out every day except for one. I felt like I needed to feel out my newly purchased grill before I fed others from it. According to my wife, I made some of the best steak she has ever eaten. I think I really like this grill.
I have been practicing my rib making over the past five months using other peoples grills when I could. This quest came from attending the Lakeland Pig Fest (best BBQ ever). The ribs there sent me into such euphoria I knew I could not wait a whole year before having them again. I've tried to find good ribs from a restaurant but they just didn't do it for me. So, I started to read articles on the Internet about how to get the best fall off the bone ribs without having a pit or smoking grill. I believe I have found the perfect method. My guests this past weekend can attest to that.
Ingredients: 1 rack of Pork Spare Ribs, 1 can of Chef Paul's BBQ Magic and 1 Bottle of Good Sweet BBQ sauce (your choice)
Prep the Ribs by removing the "membrane" on the back of the ribs (very IMPORTANT)

You should also scrape most of the fat from between the rib bones with a fork. Once you have trimmed off most of the fat you are ready to season. Roll out enough aluminum foil to wrap around the ribs so that you can seal them. Liberally sprinkle the BBQ Magic on both sides of the Ribs.

Seal them in the aluminum foil, throw them in your oven (top rack) and Bake 225 for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours minimum. Don't worry; they will not dry out. In fact, beware of the juices that will be retained in the foil when they are done. Now that we have oven roasted the hell out of some ribs, they are ready for the grill. Set the grill on low heat and slap those puppies on there. Baste them in BBQ sauce turning every couple minutes and adding more sauce for about 15 minutes. Careful though, as the meat will be tender and will want to fall apart while flipping. The larger ribs will hold together a bit better, so flip from there.

If these ribs don't make you want to "slap yo mama" you've done something wrong. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment